Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

IDE.735#7: Clark's Classification of Simulation Genres


This is the first one I played: a McDonald's game that is an example of interactive spreadsheets. I can't figure out why the word spreadsheets is used but according to Clark, it's because some form of statistical feedback is given through numbers, charts or graphs.

Here's a mini-game I played - Howard Dean's Recruitment Campaign. Quite fun and addictive.


Another mini game. Was quite difficult to play though. I kept not being able to serve the right beer to the customer.

This one is a branching story sim. I wasn't too patient with this one because there were long narrations and a lot of text. Wait time was too long for me and on first impressions, it wasn't fun. I probably have the hypertext mind that Prensky talks about.

No comments: