Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bruno Mars Performs 'Grenade'


Not many pop singers-songwriters today capture my attention. To me, they are either not "singing" (but talking gibberish) or their voices are drowned by all the digitization. Not to mention some who absolutely have zero talent but think their lives are worth beaming to the world as entertainment. Ouch, sarcastic much, ;-P. I am sure some doctoral student must be studying these media trends right now, LOL. But this Bruno Mars, methinks he is talented. Thanks Ellen! (Yes, The Ellen Show). "I'd catch a grenade for love", anyone else thought of this line before? OK, Taio Cruz wrote Dynamite, Katy Perry wrote Firework... those songs just didn't do anything for me. Another song, "Just the way you are" was performed on Glee Season 2 Episode 8 Furt. When Glee covers your song, you know you've arrived. Here's wishing him success and that he will use his talent to help make a positive difference in the world.

Update: Jan 12, 2011 - I thought I'd elaborate on my criteria for labeling BM as creative/talented. It is based primarily on his creative output since I don't know this chap -- his songs, his vocal quality/delivery, my subjective experience of his performance, and probably that of others too (Glee) added up to my overall Gestaltian perception of and reception to his performances - "The whole is greater than the sum of the parts".

No comments: