Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

30-Day Photo Challenge, Self Portraits and Unflattening

Very busy with packing. But I must find time to play with PicMonkey and connect back with Kevin and company (Moshie, Tania, Anna, Autumm, etc.). For this post, I'll communicate with images, rather than words. 

BTW, I got this 30-day photo challenge from someone my husband was following (not an endorsement). 

Gerhard Nel, another photographer, is my husband's friend. He lives in Netherlands and takes stunning photos. I love this one,



A shot of Jev and Mel with their cute little baby boy. This weekend is an extreme busy weekend corcerning photography assignments. Plenty more to come in the coming days.
Posted by Gerhard Nel Photography on Sunday, June 14, 2015
I'm always inspired by his pictures. I hope to have some time soon to go on an observation trip and take some shots of people in uncontrived naturalistic settings.

So here's one I took of myself using my mobile phone. I used layers to change the look a little. Maybe I'll create a collage... I'm not having a breakthrough with this play. Sometimes, one has to step away to come back with new ideas. 










2 comments:

tsheko said...

HI Yin Wah, great to feel a tug from you. In between MOOCs it's hard to keep in touch with everyone but good to know that you're thinking of us and initiating some collaborative work. I love your photos - all 3 different with different moods and textures. I think I've thrown most of my photo apps off my ipad because of space issues but I might put some back on and have a play. Thanks for the inspiration!

Autumm393 said...

Thanks for sharing this with me Yin Wah. I'm wondering if you have been able to keep up... posting a pic every day. I can never seem to keep up with those things. Great to "see" you. :-)