Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

AERA CCM Oct 27-29

A short three days at D.C. for the AERA Coordinated Council Meeting. Besides seeing how AERA operates from the inside, I had a fantastic time getting to know the Graduate Student Council members, meeting new people and planning for the Vancouver meeting. I am so honored to have the privilege to serve right where I am.

The Brown Lecture was on the first evening. Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings was the VIP.  She delivered a message that was insightful. I'm always amazed at how much I can learn and make connections from different fields that feed into my dissertation study and future research.

One of the best things about being in AERA is getting to know my peers from other universities and rooting for each other along the doctoral journey! Can't wait till Vancouver!



No comments: