Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

A Reflection on Tribes the Play

"Tribes" by Nina Raine at Barrow Street Theatre
tribes
Source: http://barrowstreettheatre.com/whats-on/tribes.asp









I didn't know what to expect from the play. I went with one goal: to watch border-crossing enact in hybrid spaces when a Deaf actor works with non-Deaf actors and to do "research" for my dissertation. So here's my short reflective poem about the play:

Clamor
Of sound and silence
Language
Signed or spoken
By them
We live, love
Or not

Tell me
Don't leave me
Out
Speak my language
Understand me
By
Whose terms?

Two paths
Onward we trod
Center or edge
Will we meet
At some point?

"Until
I stopped
Talking
You didn't
Hear me
I can't
Be here
Any longer"

Try
Tell me
Sign me
Love me
I love, love, love you
Sound not needed
For admission

yin wah kreher
copyright, dec 28, 2012

No comments: