Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gardner's Blessing of Influences

Howard Gardner (2006) of the multiple-intelligences fame wrote "I see my research and writing as having four phases. First I studied how minds developed. Then I studied how minds break down. Third, I studied how minds are organized. Now I study how minds change." I suppose after 62 years, one's professional and research interests can be viewed with greater clarity.

See, I'm not a psychologist like Gardner, I'm an instructional-designer-researcher who doesn't seem to have a content background to fall back on. When I was teaching in Singapore, I taught English Language/General Paper/Communication Skills and Physical Education. Soft skills as they would say. Do I possess any solid content area to focus my research on?

No comments: